The Motorola Droid X is, at least until the Droid 2 launches, Verizon’s top smartphone offering. However, it was released with Android 2.1 on board, despite the fact that Android 2.2 Froyo was already available at that time.
Now a Motorola support forum response about Exchange 2003 email problems on the Droid X has uncovered more details, and since this time they come straight from the horse’s mouth, they may be more accurate.
Motorola are saying that the Froyo update is “scheduled for deployment by early September”.
While this is not an official announcement, press release and all, it’s probably the closest we’ll get to that. Looks like Droid X owners only have about a month left to wait to have Google’s latest operating system version on their beloved devices.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Original Motorola Droid to get Android 2.2 in July, Droid X in August?
- Froyo for Verizon’s Motorola Droid X leaked
- HTC Incredible, Motorola Droid and Droid X to get Android 2.2 Froyo starting August 6?
- Motorola Droid gets Froyo next week, Droid X in “late summer”
- Verizon Motorola Droid X with leaked Froyo won’t get an official Android 2.2 update