Vodafone’s HTC Desire gets updated: not with Froyo, but with 360 services (in the UK and Netherlands)
Although Android 2.2 Froyo updates for the HTC Desire should have started since the end of July, Vodafone UK and Vodafone Netherlands are still not offering the long-awaited update to their Desire customers.
They did update the smartphone recently, though, but with something that you may not even need: 360 services (360 is Vodafone’s own-branded suite of internet services, apps and widgets).
At the moment, Vodafone says it’s “still working on the Android 2.2 update with HTC and Google and is planning to release it as soon as possible.”
If you want an HTC Desire that surely runs Android 2.2, the best thing you can do is go to China and get one from there – like the Wildfire, the Desire is being sold with Froyo onboard to Chinese customers. Of course, this is not a serious piece of advice. Unlocked Desires have already got the 2.2 update in Europe, so Vodafonized Desires should get it really soon, too.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Vodafone HTC Desire will get Android 2.2 Froyo on Monday
- HTC Desire and Wildfire shipping with Android 2.2 Froyo in China
- Android 2.2 Froyo update for Virgin Mobile’s HTC Desire now available
- HTC Desire available in India, Froyo not yet included
- HTC Desire Z coming soon to Vodafone UK