The recently announced BlackBerry Torch 9800 is RIM’s most recent entry into the high end touchscreen smartphone market and is due for launch on August 12th.
AT&T is clearly hard at work preparing for the big day, since a BlackBerry Torch box has already showed up in one of their stores’ stockrooms. And it’s quite dull, but obviously what matters most is what’s inside.
It will be interesting to see how well this device, that aside from a touchscreen also features a vertically-sliding QWERTY keyboard, will do in the consumer smartphone perception war, currently dominated by the iPhone and gigantically-screened Android-powered beasts. Especially since it will be available on the iPhone-loving AT&T.
It may be a success, or it may find itself relegated exclusively to the corporate/enterprise sales space. Time will tell.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- BlackBerry Torch 9800 now available in Australia on Optus
- AT&T exec surprised by slow BlackBerry Torch 9800 sales
- BlackBerry Torch 9800 available in India starting tomorrow?
- BlackBerry Torch 9810 revealed on AT&T’s website
- AT&T’s BlackBerry Torch (9800 slider) with BlackBerry OS 6 gets official