Reports are coming in that later today, Sprint will start taking pre-orders for the Samsung Epic 4G, their version of the Galaxy S.
Right now however, the page that will supposedly allow you to do this still shows just the option to sign up to receive updates via email.
Rumor also has it that reservations for the Epic 4G can be made until August 17th. That doesn’t necessarily mean that the phone will ship on the 18th, but one can hope. Apparently, only one reservation will be allowed per customer, and you won’t have to pony up any cash to pre-order Sprint’s new top smartphone.
If you do go ahead and reserve a Samsung Epic 4G, you’ll have to then buy it by noon the day after launch, since Sprint won’t keep it for you any longer. They are probably anticipating a very big number of requests.
Whether the Epic 4G will manage to outsell the HTC EVO 4G remains to be seen. In any case, it’s a very compelling offering, and clearly one of the top two smartphones if Sprint is the carrier of your choice.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sprint Samsung Epic 4G Touch pre-orders start for $149.99, shipping on September 16
- Amazon sells the Samsung Epic 4G for only $199.99
- Sprint Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch now available to order online
- Sprint Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Galaxy S II) press photos leaked
- Sprint Samsung Epic 4G (Galaxy S Pro) to launch on August 11th