Verizon Wireless is apparently getting ready to launch its first HTC Android smartphone to feature a QWERTY keyboard (the Droid Incredible and the Droid Eris are both touch-only handsets.)
Said smartphone doesn’t have a name yet, but some photos of it have appeared on the Web. The device is a tad smaller than Sprint’s HTC EVO 4G and reportedly features a 4 inch display, 1.2GHz processor, and CDMA/GSM connectivity (so it’s a world phone).
It’s said that this new HTC Android phone will be launched by Verizon in early 2011 (well after the Motorola Droid 2 becomes available). If that’s the case, it should come at least with Android 2.2 Froyo on-board – if not with Gingerbread.
So let me recap that for you: HTC, Android, QWERTY, high-end, Verizon. Sounds good, too bad we won’t see this until next year.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- HTC Incredible, Motorola Droid and Droid X to get Android 2.2 Froyo starting August 6?
- Verizon Motorola Droid 2 video preview shows up
- Android Jelly Bean update for Verizon Motorola Droid 4 possibly coming soon
- Froyo for Verizon’s Motorola Droid X leaked
- Verizon’s Motorola Droid 2 shows up again, will “probably” come with Android 2.2 Froyo