The smartphone’s official price is not known, but it’s probably $199.99 with a 2-yr contract agreement, and $599.99 free of contract.
Engadget has a photo from inside a Best Buy store that seems to confirm these prices – which are not at all surprising, since the Droid X is also $199.99 on contract (although it’s slightly cheaper without contract: $569.99).
The leaked Best Buy photo also reconfirms that the Droid 2 will have Android 2.2 Froyo at launch – becoming the first Motorola smartphone to ship with Froyo from day one.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon Droid Charge may arrive on April 28, Motorola Droid Bionic’s fate still uncertain
- Verizon’s Motorola Shadow leaked again. Droid Incredible currently out of stock?
- Verizon’s Motorola Droid Bionic “coming soon” at Best Buy, new design and all
- Motorola Droid 2 User Manual confirms Android 2.2 Froyo?
- Verizon Motorola Droid X now available, $199.99 on contract, $569.99 full retail