We knew that the HTC Wildfire was coming to Australia, and now Telstra has made it official: the Android smartphone will be available to Australian customers starting August 24, in two color versions: “pure white” and “phantom black”.
Telstra will offer the Wildfire to both post and pre-paid users, thus making it its first Android handset available to the latter category. Pre-paid customers will be able to buy the HTC Wildfire outright for 349 AUD (about 317 USD).
The Wildfire comes with stuff like a 3.2 inch QVGA display, HSDPA, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g, A-GPS, 3.5mm headset jack, and a 5MP camera. It currently runs Android 2.1, but it will be updated at some point this year to Android 2.2.
Telstra will have exclusivity on the HTC Wildfire in Australia until November 15. More details in this press release.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- HTC Desire S and Wildfire S officially headed to Telstra Australia
- HTC launches Wildfire in India
- Samsung Galaxy 5 (i5500) launched in Australia by Telstra (on pre-pay)
- Nokia 6720 classic launched by Telstra in Australia
- Australia: HTC Wildfire S now available at Telstra