And it turns out that we may have all the details we want on the Galaxy Tab at the beginning of next month. Apparently, a “high-ranking official” employed by the Korean electronics giant stated that the tablet will launch during the IFA expo in Berlin, which will take place between September 3rd and September 8th.
This comes in contradiction with previous information that had the announcement pegged for tomorrow. But hey, this new info is from a “high-ranking official” so it just may be a little more trustworthy than a vague press event invitation.
One way or the other, we’ll know for sure tomorrow.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab will have a 7-inch touchscreen, dual cameras (one on the back and one on the front for video-conferencing), 3G, GPS, WiFi and will run Android 2.2 Froyo from day one of its lifecycle.
Hopefully in little less than a month we’ll have a clear release date and price for this oversized Galaxy S.
Via Samsung Hub
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung to launch new Galaxy S smartphone on September 16?
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 11.6 with 2560×1600 resolution to be announced tomorrow?
- Samsung Press Event on August 11, Could be Galaxy Tab?
- Samsung Galaxy S II photo leaked; more details on the Galaxy Tab II
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 announced by Cricket as its first tablet