Have your industry-standard pinch of salt ready for this one.
As of today, none of the CDMA versions of the Samsung Galaxy S have launched. Verizon’s Fascinate is supposed to be available by the end of September, according to the latest rumors, and the Epic 4G for Sprint has already been rumored to launch either on August 11th or August 20th. The former of those dates seems very unlikely at this point, while the latter may not have been off by much.
New information has surfaced that points to August 16th as the day Sprint dealers will be able to start making orders for the new superphone, with sales apparently set to start on August 21st.
Let’s be optimistic here and hope that this is indeed the case. After all, the Motorola Droid 2 was finally announced today after months and months of leaks. It just may be that those wanting to purchase an Epic 4G will get lucky too in the near future.
Whatever the truth turns out to be, we’ll keep you informed.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sprint Samsung Epic 4G (Galaxy S) pre-orders may start today
- Sprint Samsung Epic 4G (Galaxy S Pro) to launch on August 11th
- Sprint’s Samsung Epic 4G to come on August 31st, for $249. Pre-orders start now
- Correction: Sprint Samsung Epic 4G isn’t shipping with Android 2.3 Gingerbread after all
- Motorola Droid 2 seen in the wild, may launch on August 12th