As expected, the Droid 2 will have Android 2.2 Froyo at launch, as well as Adobe Flash Player 10.1 support, and 3G Mobile HotSpot capabilities.
Verizon will sell the Motorola Droid 2 online starting tomorrow (August 11) and in retail stores starting August 12. The smartphone costs $199.99 with a 2-yr contract agreement and after a $100 mail-in rebate.
Verizon has also announced “a limited-edition R2-D2 version of the DROID 2” – “in honor of the iconic Astromech Droid from the Star Wars Saga”. It will be available online for a limited time (only in September) for an unknown price.
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon’s Motorola Droid 2 R2-D2 limited edition officially arrives this Thursday
- Verizon Motorola Droid 2 R2-D2 edition will be previewed this week at Star Wars Celebration V
- Motorola Droid 2 soft launch on August 12th? R2D2 edition on the way?
- New Angry Birds Star Wars coming to Android, iOS, Windows Phone and Kindle Fire on November 8
- Like the Droid Incredible, the Motorola Droid X has been backordered to arrive in August