Now that the Motorola Droid 2 has finally been officially announced, you would expect the leaks surrounding this device to stop.
Well, no. A while back we brought you news of a possilbe R2-D2 edition of the Droid 2, and that was confirmed during its launch event. However, when exactly this version will be available is still unclear, the most certain we can be is that it will happen sometime in September.
But if you want to get your hands on the R2-D2 edition, even if only to play with it and not actually purchase it, and you’re around Orlando, make sure you head to the Star Wars Celebration V from Thursday through Sunday. Yes, that’s August 12th – August 15th.
Star Wars Celebration is an official Lucasfilm event produced by fans. Celebrations are the largest Star Wars parties, featuring cast and crew members, fans, costumes, music, live entertainment, autographs, collectibles, and panels.
So if you’re into that kind of thing, don’t miss the special edition Droid 2.
In the mean time, we’re still waiting for something more clear about the general availability and pricing of the R2-D2 edition Droid 2 by Motorola.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Motorola Droid 2 soft launch on August 12th? R2D2 edition on the way?
- Verizon’s Motorola Droid 2 R2-D2 limited edition officially arrives this Thursday
- Verizon Motorola Droid 2 officially announced: available tomorrow with Android 2.2 on-board
- New Angry Birds Star Wars coming to Android, iOS, Windows Phone and Kindle Fire on November 8
- Nokia to launch Rihanna’s Rated R album, stream live concert