Already available via AT&T since last Friday, the Dell Streak is a unique device for the US market. However, the fact that it was launched with Android 1.6 is far from great.
Of course, an update to a newer version of Android will be released sometime soon – and it looks like it won’t be Android 2.1, but directly Android 2.2 Froyo.
Lionel Menchaca, Chief Blogger for Dell, has it that, from the info he has, “current plan in the US is to go right to Froyo.”
Unfortunately, he doesn’t provide an exact date for this.
Also available in Europe (via O2 UK), the Streak is Dell’s second (official) Android device after the Aero / Mini 3. More Android products from Dell are on their way, of course, including the quite interesting Dell Thunder, which should be out in the fall.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Dell Thunder Android handset shows up in video
- Dell Streak 7 will receive Android Honeycomb upgrade
- Dell Venue with Android Froyo gets official in Korea
- Dell Streak: no T-Mobile USA support, ships with Android 1.6, will get Froyo this year
- Wi-Fi-only Dell Streak 7 can now be ordered in Canada for $399.99, ships on April 29