Last week we got the first glimpses into Verizon’s roadmap for the following months, and plenty of Android handsets (and tablets) were included in those leaks.
Now we get some follow up details about some of those, thanks to a leak from internal Verizon systems.
The Motorola Droid Pro, previously rumored to have a 1.3 GHz processor, 4″ touchscreen and global roaming (support for both CDMA/EVDO and GSM/UMTS/HSDPA networks, which effectively means you can roam around the world with it) got the model number A957. It will probably launch in November.
There seems to be a global roaming enabled version of the Motorola Droid 2 coming as well, and this may be announced pretty soon. It will sport the model number A956, may be branded “Droid 2 World Edition” and will come in two colors: black and white.
There’s also a listing for a Motorola MZ600 Tablet, which may be a tablet, as the name suggests, or the slab device we first heard of with last week’s round of rumors. If it is a handset and not a tablet, it will probably launch with Android 2.2 on board and, again, global roaming (and possibly “World Edition” branding). 170,000 of these devices have already been ordered.
By the time these devices get announced, we’ll surely have seen many more leaks, so hang tight while we continue to bring you details on everything there is to know about them in such convenient, bite-size chunks.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- First pictures of the Motorola Droid 2 World Edition for Verizon surface
- Verizon Motorola Droid Pro is actually the Droid 2 world edition? LG enV Touch 2 to run Android
- Verizon Motorola Xoom LTE launching on September 8 for $499.99, HTC Rhyme leaked
- Verizon to discontinue the original Motorola Droid 2 when its World Edition launches?
- Verizon Motorola Droid X SE is on the way