It’s Froyo update season, remember?
And this time, news comes about the upgrade to the latest and greatest Android version for the oft-delayed HTC Droid Incredible for Verizon. While the Motorola Droid X and Droid 2 may have gotten more publicity lately, this is still one very capable smartphone and HTC’s flagship on Verizon right now.
So it’s about time that Verizon and HTC get on with updating every Droid Incredible user to Android 2.2.
Reportedly, Verizon employees are already running Froyo on their HTC Droid Incredible smartphones, and the update will begin rolling out to everybody on Wednesday.
We sure hope this is true, but even if it isn’t, the Android 2.2 update for the Droid Incredible can’t be far away. After all, HTC may want to have the strategic advantage of getting Froyo out for Incredible owners before Motorola are able to push their 2.2 bits for the Incredible’s main competitor on Verizon, the Droid X.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon: Froyo update for Droid Incredible starts today, new Droid Incredibles will ship with Froyo
- HTC Incredible, Motorola Droid and Droid X to get Android 2.2 Froyo starting August 6?
- Verizon HTC Droid Incredible Froyo build leaks, official update starts tomorrow
- Verizon kills the Droid Eris; Droid Incredible still delayed – Motorola couldn’t be happier
- Motorola Droid 2 and HTC Droid Incredible both now go for only $149.99 from Verizon