A new Motorola smartphone running Android and going by the codename Jordan is set to be released by T-Mobile in November.
What’s interesting about this handset is that, unlike other rugged handsets, it will apparently be completely waterproof down to 10 meters (33 feet). It’s also supposed to be IP67 certified, which means “no dust ingress, complete protection against contact” in IP code.
However, according to the code, that “7″ in “IP67″ means that “ingress of water in harmful quantity shall not be possible when the enclosure is immersed in water under defined conditions of pressure and time (up to 1 m of submersion)”, which does contradict the aforementioned claims of the Jordan being waterproof down to 33 feet.
1 meter or 10 meters, we’ll surely find out soon which it is. And in any case, this will be one smartphone you won’t be afraid to subject to the elements or take with you wherever you go – even to the desert or for a dive.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Pharos 565 Windows Mobile 6.5 rugged PDA announced
- Nokia intros IP54-certified protective case for Lumia 620
- Motorola Defy to be launched on October 21 in Europe?
- Rugged Motorola Defy with Android 2.1 coming to Europe
- Rugged Android tablet from Motorola in the making?