KT, the only South Korean carrier to offer the iPhone 4, said today it has received more than 100,000 reservations for the new handset in the first day of pre-orders.
KT hasn’t announced the exact date when the iPhone 4 will be available – this should happen sometime next month (September) anyway. The carrier is also in talks to introduce the iPad in South Korea, too, but there’s nothing official about this at the moment.
The older iPhone model (3GS), introduced by KT in South Korea in late 2009, was sold in more than 850,000 units in eight months. The iPhone 4 will likely be sold in more units in less time.
Via Yonhap News
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- WiBro iPad to be launched in Korea
- 1 million iPhones sold in Korea. 1 million Samsung Waves sold in Europe
- More than 500,000 iPhones sold in Korea in four months
- Android phones, Android Market heading to Korea this year
- Apple allowed to sell the iPhone in South Korea