Fring, one of the best known mobile cross-platform IM clients has just announced a preview release that incorporates a new service called FringOut. As the name suggests, this is similar to SkypeOut and NimbuzzOut, allowing you to place international phone calls for fees that are way lower than what your carrier would charge you.
The plan is to have FringOut available for all mobile platforms which have a Fring app, but for now, the preview is only available for Nokia Symbian devices.
Fring will continue to support the multitude of IM services it already does, and Fring users will continue to be able to make free calls and video calls to other Fring users and other internet friends. You also won’t lose the ability to add your SIP provider of choice to Fring. FringOut is just an add-on service that allows you to call internationally without having a different SIP account to set up.
So if you have a Nokia Symbian device, why not be one of the first to try it?
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Fring’s fringOut fully launched for Nokia phones, Android and iPhone versions coming soon
- Updated fring app offers video calls for Nokia S60 smartphones
- Fring finally comes to Android, available for download now
- fring for Nokia 5800 XpressMusic now available
- How Fring is Schooling Skype on Every Single Front