BlackBerry 9670 Oxford overview leaks, outs some of its specs
The BlackBerry 9670 Oxford is the first clamshell RIM handset to have a full QWERTY keyboard. And it looks a bit strange because of that.
This smartphone hasn’t been officially acknowledged yet, so in the past few months we’ve had quite a few leaks involving it. We’ve first seen a picture of it, then heard it would be a Verizon exclusive, then saw a video of a Sprint-branded 9670, after a while got confirmation that it will hit Sprint too and finally seen a simulator of it. There were rumors of a GSM version headed to Vodafone, but there’s no more info on that just yet.
Today an internal overview of the Oxford has been leaked, and it brings us some details about its specs.
So without further ado, here is what we now know about the BlackBerry 9670 Oxford:
- its dimensions are 175.5 x 60 x 18.5 mm
- it has a 460 x 400 internal display, and a 240 x 320 external display
- the external display shows notifications, caller ID, and clock
- there’s an optical trackpad
- an 8 GB microSD memory card is included in the sales package
- WiFi is present
- A-GPS is on board
- it has a 5 megapixel camera with continuous autofocus, face detection and image stabilization
- BlackBerry OS 6 is powering it
Now all that’s left unknown is its release date and price. Verizon and/or Sprint are the ones who need to clear those things up, and we’ll let you know as soon as they do.