Verizon ZTE Salute is now available
Just a few days ago Verizon’s product launch roadmap for the following months was leaked. Quite a few featurephones were pegged in it for a September release.
Well, today, one of those is already available. It’s the ZTE Salute. Also known as the Verizon Salute or the ZTE F350. And we can’t say we’re upset that this handset’s launch came sooner than the leak had us believe. If only Verizon would do the same for all its upcoming smartphones and tablets…
Anyway, back to the Salute. It’s a lightweight slider featurephone and is available online and in Verizon stores for $19.99 (after a $50 mail-in rebate) with a new 2-year customer agreement.
Its main features are:
- 1.3 MP camera
- Bluetooth 2.0
- 2.4″ 240×320 resolution screen
- 2.5 mm headset jack
- access to downloadable games, ringtones, wallpapers, location-based services and more
- Social Beat application offers a single point for accessing Facebook, Twitter and MySpace, and more than 50 news, sports and entertainment feeds
- Backup Assistant saves and updates a copy of the phone’s address book to a secure website
- VZ Navigator capabilities for turn-by-turn navigation
- Bing search preloaded
- Dimensions: 102 x 51 x 15 mm
- Weight: 112 g
A pretty average featurephone, but we need to remember that there’s still a huge market for those. And at just $19.99, this one may be the perfect device for many people.