We’ve previously heard that the Motorola Droid X would be updated to Android 2.2 Froyo “by early September”, so we shouldn’t be surprised if this happens in the next few days.
Someone at the My Droid World forum (which is temporarily offline) already has a leaked version of Froyo for the Droid X and has posted some photos to prove it.
More interesting is that the happy owner of the Droid X with Froyo says the update should arrive in “less than 24hrs” – although it’s not clear yet if he’s talking about an official update from Verizon, or about the fact that he’s going to make the leaked Froyo build available for everyone to download.
In any case, the latest iteration of Android (already running on the Droid 2) shouldn’t be too far away from hitting the Droid X. Let’s hope Moto and Verizon announce something soon.
Via Android Central
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon HTC Droid Incredible Froyo build leaks, official update starts tomorrow
- Verizon Motorola Droid X with leaked Froyo won’t get an official Android 2.2 update
- Verizon: Froyo update for Droid Incredible starts today, new Droid Incredibles will ship with Froyo
- Some more pics of Verizon’s Motorola Droid X2 leak, it still looks exactly like its predecessor
- Verizon HTC Droid Incredible to get Android 2.2 Froyo on Wednesday