Remember when we told you that the iPhone 4 will launch on China Unicom in “early September”, but not on September 13th?
Well, that was true. Reports are coming in that the second biggest Chinese carrier will have the Apple iPhone 4 available on September 16th. Orders will have to be made online, and in advance, at least for starters.
The iPhone 4 that will land in China will still have the same reception issues we know all the iPhone 4s launched anywhere else in the world have, but China Unicom has apparently prepared and will be issuing all iPhone 4 buyers a complimentary case to alleviate those problems.
The online-only launch will ensure that we won’t be seeing any gigantic queues outside China Unicom shops, as has become customary whenever a new Apple product is released somewhere.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- China Unicom will launch iPhone 4 next month, gets iPad 3G exclusive too
- 5 million iPhones bought by China Unicom – sales to debut in September
- iPhone 3G S may hit China in Q4 2009 as China Unicom and Apple sign 2-year deal
- Apple iPhone 4 will be available in China on September 25th
- China Mobile launches microSIM card to lure grey market and China Unicom iPhone 4 customers