Although the Nokia N9 has appeared a few times in leaked photos, we don’t know much about its internals.
For example, what’s the processor that Nokia will integrate into the N9? Well, if these details appeared over at the Baidu forums are correct, Nokia’s first MeeGo smartphone will feature a QSD8250 Qualcomm Snapdragon processor at 1Ghz.
If you remember, back in February there were indications that Nokia would introduce a Snapdragon-based Symbian smartphones later this year – so a MeeGo one could also be done, right? Well, not really.
As Know Nokia points out, Nokia has specifically said Maemo 6 devices would use TI OMAP 3 processors, so that’s what the N9 will likely feature.
Other rumored Nokia N9 specs:
- 4 inch WVGA touchscreen display
- Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n
- 5MP camera with 720p video recording @30fps
- 512MB RAM
- 1GB ROM
- 64GB internal memory
- MicroSD card support up to 32GB
- 160 grams
Everything here seems possible, save for the 5MP camera – I really think it will have 8MP or more (after all, the N8 has a 12MP shooter).
There’s also talk on the Baidu forum about the N9 featuring a Super AMOLED display – that ain’t going to happen, because Samsung can hardly make enough S-AMOLED displays for its own smartphones.
Let’s hope we’ll find out more about the Nokia N9 soon, from more reliable sources.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Nokia Lumia 800 and Lumia 710 launching in India in December
- Clear photos of the MeeGo-based Nokia N9 leaked?
- Nokia N85 multimedia powerhouse launched
- Samsung ATIV S (Odyssey) with Windows Phone 8, and Samsung ATIV Windows RT Tablet announced
- Huawei Ascend Y200 and Ascend G300 released in India