MetroPCS announced the Samsung SCH-r900 (its first 4G/LTE handset) back in May, but it’s only now that we have the chance to actually see the device.
The r900 will be launched as Samsung Craft, featuring a touchscreen display (probably WQVGA), TouchWiz UI, sliding 4-row QWERTY keyboard, and a 3.2MP autofocus camera with flash.
The phone will also use a SIM card – required for access to MetroPCS’ LTE network. Check out the photos below.
Samsung Craft r900 will likely be out before the end of this year – so it won’t be just MetroPCS’ first LTE phone, but also the first in North America (because Verizon’s first LTE phone won’t be launched until 2011). The Craft should cost $299.99 free of contract.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Craft, the world’s first 4G LTE phone, now available at MetroPCS
- The world’s first LTE phone (Samsung Craft for MetroPCS) to be launched in September
- Samsung Admire SCH-R720 could be MetroPCS’ first Android Gingerbread phone
- Samsung r900 LTE phone announced for MetroPCS
- MetroPCS launching the new Samsung Galaxy S Lightray 4G next month?