Huawei is getting ready to officially introduce its firs Froyo handset at IFA in Berlin. The launch event for the handset – called Huawei Ideos U8150 – will actually take place on September 2, one day ahead of the international consumer electronics show’s debut.
The Ideos U8150 (pictured below) is not a high-end device, but Huawei is not aiming at this market segment anyway.
The phone comes with a 2.8 inch touchscreen display, HSDPA, GPS, Wi-Fi 802.11n, 3.2MP camera, and a 528MHz processor.
Huawei says the price of the Ideos will be “very attractive.” The handset will likely be available starting next month.
As a reminder, IFA Berlin is also the place where Samsung will finally present its first Android tablet, the Galaxy Tab. Other new mobile devices could also be announced there, so it’s looking to be a really interesting show.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Huawei Ideos X5, X2 and Ideos Chat bring more Android to India
- UK: Huawei Ideos can now be yours for only £139.99 SIM-free
- Huawei S7 Slim Android tablet and Ideos X3 Android smartphone coming at MWC
- Huawei Ideos S7 Android tablet on pre-order at Best Buy alongside Samsung’s Galaxy Tab (for Verizon and Sprint)
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread for Huawei U8800 Ideos X5 Pro now available for download