Samsung has reportedly confirmed it would launch the world’s first LTE phone next month (September).
Featuring a slide-out QWERTY keyboard, a touchscreen display and a 3.2MP camera, the Samsung Craft is not a smartphone and uses Samsung’s TouchWiz UI. The handset should cost $300 free of contract – this price is not confirmed, though.
One of the markets where MetroPCS will offer LTE services this year (likely starting September, since the Craft some out then) is the Las Vegas metropolitan area.
Verizon will probably be the second US carrier to launch an LTE phone – this should happen in 2011.
Via Yonhap News
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Craft, the world’s first 4G LTE phone, now available at MetroPCS
- Samsung Craft (r900) LTE phone for MetroPCS pictured
- MetroPCS to launch 4G LTE Android phone in early 2011
- HTC LTE devices confirmed for next year, should run Android and Windows Phone 7
- Samsung Galaxy S III, Huawei Verge, Coolpad Quattro 4G and others headed to MetroPCS