Once upon a time, not that long ago, the football (or soccer, depending where you’re reading this from) World Cup 2010 took place in South Africa.
During that event, a Nokia E71 was prominently featured by a Paraguayan model named Larissa Riquelme. And I mean prominently.
Remember this photo?
Image via IntoMobile
Of course you do.
At the time, it was unclear if the E71′s trip between Larissa’s breasts was paid for, and if so, whether by Nokia directly or not.
Well, I think that’s pretty obvious now.
Look at what just popped up on Nokia Latin America’s Youtube channel:
Yes, the Nokia C3 has gone where only the Nokia E71 had gone before. It’s a bit intriguing that this is also a QWERTY device. But perhaps Larissa’s breasts have a preference for this form factor.
It would be interesting to find out how effective such product placement is in terms of sales, but judging by the waves the World Cup bit made all over the internet, I guess Nokia have at least got everyone’s attention.
Now go, buy a C3. That is supposed to be the point of all this, isn’t it?
After all, the Indonesians love it so much that they queued for hours to get it when it was released. And that was long before Larissa Riquelme got involved.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sprint may soon unveil a Samsung Android-powered QWERTY candybar
- Black BlackBerry Bold 9900 launches in the UK on September 15, white version a month later
- New Nokia E6 image leaks, shows new Symbian with 4 homescreens
- LG chooses Kelly Brook as Optimus One ambassador in the UK
- Nokia E6 now available in the US for $439 SIM-free, unlocked, sans contract