YouHTC has what seems to be a render of the HTC Smart2. Sure enough, this could be a fake, but it looks HTC-ish enough to be the real deal (and similarities with the first Smart can be observed if you look at those three hardware keys).
From what we’ve previously heard, the HTC Smart2 will be launched in India (among other markets), where it could cost around 10,000 INR ($213). We don’t know when HTC plans to announce the new phone, but we’ll bring updates on the matter as soon as we have them.
Brew aside, YouHTC also has an Android story: reportedly, Sprint is getting ready to launch the HTC Speedy, an unannounced Android 2.2 Froyo smartphone.
Like the Samsung Epic 4G, the HTC Speedy should feature a QWERTY keyboard. However, its other features are not on par with the Epic 4G’s, including a 3.5 inch, 320 x 480 (HVGA) touchscreen display, 5MP camera with flash, 386MB RAM, and an 800MHz processor.
It’s said that the Speedy will come with an improved HTC Sense UI that includes some “innovations” – which are likely the result of HTC acquiring Abaxia.
No word on a launch date or anything like that for the HTC Speedy, but we’ll keep you posted.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- HTC Speedy / Knight to hit Sprint in January next year, maybe with Gingerbread?
- Samsung Epic 2 SPH-D705 finally coming to Sprint?
- Samsung Galaxy Q headed to both Rogers and Fido, pricing revealed
- Samsung i8700 Cetus, Nokia E7, HTC Gold, Vision and Ace headed to the UK?
- Sprint does Samsung Epic 4G vs. HTC Evo 4G video comparison