Nokia India has it (via Twitter) that the N8 “is scheduled for a mid-September launch so far” – this is in line with the smartphone’s supposed release dates for Europe and the US.
The retail price of the Symbian^3 smartphone in India could be around 25,000 INR – this doesn’t come from Nokia, it’s just my deduction based on the pre-order prices in the US, Germany and other markets.
The Nokia C3 will also be in (Indian) stores next month – reportedly “before mid-September.” The C3 is a QWERTY and Wi-Fi-equipped S40 phone that should not cost more than $130.
Starting October, India customers will be able to buy the Nokia C6, too. Based on Symbian ^1, the C6 features a 360 x 640 pixels touchscreen display, GPS, Wi-Fi, 3G, sliding QWERTY keyboard, and a 5MP autofocus camera with flash. Its price should be around $300.
You can read more about Nokia’s recent pricing strategy here.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Dual SIM Nokia C1-00 and C2 launched in India
- Nokia C7, C6-01 and X3-02 Touch and Type launch dates for India revealed
- Nokia C6-01′s launch date pushed back to January (in India)
- Nokia E7 to be available in India in January 2011
- Symbian^3 based Nokia N8 now shipping