Yes, you read that right. Earlier today a Froyo build for the Droid Incredible was leaked, and now an internal Verizon memo leak has it that the update will start rolling out over the air tomorrow.
If you really can’t wait until you get the update OTA, you can always install the leaked build. However, that’s not really advisable at this point. That may not be the final build that will get pushed to everyone else, and as such you may end up having to re-update at a later date (which is what happened to Sprint customers that were impatient about the HTC Evo 4G Froyo update).
Good news may come your way tomorrow, or in the following days, if you’ve managed to purchase a Droid Incredible. So make sure you don’t let it out of your sight, for at any time it might inform you that there’s an update available.
The main points of what this update will bring new are:
- Adobe Flash Player 10.1 support in the web browser
- 720p HD video recording
- WiFi 802.11n
- 3G mobile hotspot
- rotate the screen 270 degrees – either to the left or right
- text message widget
- automatic app updates
Clearly an update to look forward to, this.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Adobe shows video of Flash running on Motorola Droid 2
- HTC Droid Incredible to get HD video recording and mobile hotspot capabilities via OTA update
- Verizon: Froyo update for Droid Incredible starts today, new Droid Incredibles will ship with Froyo
- Official Android 2.2 Froyo update for Samsung Galaxy S finally available
- Flash 10.1 demoed on Verizon’s Motorola Droid X (video)