I guess it still is summer, though they sure knew how to wait up until almost the end of it.
The HTC Desire is finally available from US Cellular for $199.95 (after a $70 mail-in rebate) with a new 2-year contract. You’ll need to get a monthly plan of at least $39.99 if you want to qualify for that mail-in rebate. Also, having a smartphone data plan for the entire duration of the service agreement is required.
The Desire is not available on pre-paid plans on US Cellular.
Specs are the same as always for the Desire, save for the fact that this is a CDMA version, and this is a model that comes with a Super LCD display instead of the AMOLED tech the first Desire batches shipped with.
Other than that, highlights include the 1 GHz Snapdragon processor, 3.7″ touchscreen, 5 MP autofocus camera, HTC Sense UI on top of Android 2.1. You also get an 8 GB microSD card in the box, which is always nice to have.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- HTC Desire, other Android phones confirmed by U.S. Cellular
- HTC Desire coming to U.S. Cellular?
- Motorola Electrify M with Android ICS and LTE announced for US Cellular
- Samsung Galaxy Metrix 4G launched by US Cellular, comes with slide-out QWERTY and LTE
- Motorola Electrify M now available at US Cellular