Remember that rumor from yesterday, that Verizon’s HTC Droid Incredible would get Froyo starting today?
Well, it turns out it was true. Verizon confirmed as much via Twitter. So, all those of you who somehow managed to buy a Droid Incredible despite its continued shortages, rejoice! But do keep in mind that, as usual, the roll-out of the update will be in stages, so unfortunately your device may not get Android 2.2 today, but in the next few days. Just a bit more patience is required. On the other hand, you could just install that leaked build of the update that we talked about yesterday, but official is always better than unofficial. Or at least should make you feel better.
Also in Droid Incredible-related news, future Droid Incredible smartphones will ship with Android 2.2 Froyo preinstalled. This makes sense, but it’s nevertheless good that it has happened this fast. Also, for the first time since its announcement, the Droid Incredible seems not to be plagued by any delays anymore, so if you’ve been unable to get one, now may be a good time to place that order.
However you want to look at it, this is a very good day for Droid Incredible owners. Let’s just hope that many more Android powered smartphones will get updates to the latest and greatest OS version soon.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon HTC Droid Incredible to get Android 2.2 Froyo on Wednesday
- Verizon HTC Droid Incredible Froyo build leaks, official update starts tomorrow
- Samsung Galaxy S to get Android 2.2 Froyo upgrade… eventually
- Verizon Droid Incredible ->Droid X exchange confirmed for July 15th. Incredible won’t be phased out
- HTC Desire, Desire HD, Desire Z, and Incredible S will get Android Gingerbread in Q2