Launched by O2 in the UK back in June with Android 1.6 on-board, the Dell Streak will receive an OS update on September 1.
Unlike in the US, where the Streak could be updated directly to Android 2.2 Froyo, the device available in the UK will apparently get Android 2.1 first (with Froyo to follow).
The update to 2.1 should bring native multi-touch support, HD (720p) video recording, document editing via QuickOffice, support for multiple mail accounts, support for live wallpapers, and speed / performance enhancements.
Dell Streak is available in the UK only via O2 – it’s free on select contracts, or £399 ($615) without contract.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Dell Streak available tomorrow at O2 UK, coming to the US in July
- AT&T Dell Streak Android 2.2 update now available
- O2 UK will release the Android 2.2 Froyo update for the Dell Streak this week
- Dell Streak: no T-Mobile USA support, ships with Android 1.6, will get Froyo this year
- Unlocked Dell Streak with Froyo launched in the US; new colors also available