Sony Ericsson has announced its first TD-SCDMA smartphone, the A8i, which runs China Mobile’s Open Mobile System 2.0 (based on Android).
The handset features a 3.5 inch display with 854 x 480 pixels, CNMB mobile TV, WLAN, A-GPS, eCompass, TrackID (“linked directly with China Mobile’s entertainment download service”), Bluetooth, 3.5mm headset jack, 5MP autofocus camera with LED flash, 200MB internal memory, and MicroSD card support.
Sony Ericsson says the A8i will be available for purchase starting the fourth quarter of the year, in black and white. The smartphone’s price was not unveiled.
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Unlocked Sony Ericsson W995a to hit the US for $600
- Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman and Android Gingerbread announced
- Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini and Mini Pro coming to Rogers for under $70 on contract?
- Sony Ericsson Idou now called Satio, will ship in Q4 2009
- Sony Ericsson T715 announced – a “sophisticated slider”