The day when Windows Phone 7 devices will be available to buy is fast approaching. And while we wait for Microsoft to finalize the WP7 bits, more and more leaks of upcoming WP7 devices are starting to show up.
We’ve had the Samsung i917 Cetus, the LG C900, both headed to AT&T, and another handset from LG, the E900, which will apparently be called Optimus 7. And it looks like the “7″ fever has caught on, since HTC’s successor to the HD2 may not be called HD3, as anyone would expect, but HD7 instead.
So yeah. Windows Phone 7 inside the HD7. Or Optimus 7. These manufacturers sure do try to be smart with their naming schemes. It’s ultimately up to you to decide if they succeeded or not.
Anyway, this information about the HD7 comes courtesy of what is said to be a leaked spreadsheet from O2 UK. Of course, these things are very easy to fake, so keep a pinch of salt nearby for this one.
The spreadsheet also seems to indicate an October 18th release, which isn’t at all hard to believe, but we’ll have to go through a few more leaks before we can be sure.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- In 10 days, 20% of WP7 devices have received the Mango update
- #MWC10: HTC Smart coming to O2 UK, Ireland and Germany in April
- Upcoming Samsung Omnia W with Windows Phone may have 1.4 GHz CPU, NFC support
- Dual-SIM LG T375 Cookie Smart gets leaked, and it’s not a smartphone
- HTC Ignite and HTC Prime WP7 devices on their way to the Netherlands