Samsung is getting ready to announce a new “Android-powered device” on September 16 in New York.
The invitation that Samsung sent for the event suggests this will be a new Galaxy S device, so it’s probably not the Samsung Galaxy Tab, as PocketNow believes – as far as I know, the Galaxy Tab won’t be a member of the Galaxy S family; even more, we already know the tablet will be announced tomorrow at IFA Berlin.
So I think we’ll see a new Galaxy S smartphone unveiled – of course, I may be wrong.
Samsung will also officially present its Media Hub platform on September 16 (Media Hub is an online movie/video store designed for Samsung’s smartphones).
Samsung sold more than 1 million Galaxy S handsets until now in the US. With the recent launch of the Sprint Epic 4G and the upcoming availability of Verizon’s Fascinate, sales figures might double soon.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Fascinate to be available online at Verizon on September 8?
- Verizon Samsung Fascinate now available for pre-order at Best Buy
- Verizon Samsung Fascinate (Galaxy S) available online tomorrow, in shops Thursday – now official
- Samsung has sold 2 million Galaxy S smartphones in Korea, more than Apple’s iPhone
- 1 million Galaxy S phones already sold, Samsung wants to sell 9 million more