We’ve received an official email fro Nokia announcing that the company is discontinuing Ovi Files – the service which allows you to remotely access files on your PC or Mac computer.
The service will be discontinued on October 1, but Nokia already advises users to uninstall the Ovi Files Connector from their computers (no files will be lost after the service is discontinued).
Nokia doesn’t provide a direct substitute for Ovi Files, but it says that “you will still be able to share content between your phone and PC using another Nokia product, Nokia Ovi Suite.”
This is not the first time when Nokia gives up on an Ovi service: it also did it with Ovi Mail and Ovi Chat. That’s time and money wasted, so Nokia will probably be way more careful on what projects it’s getting involved into from now on.
More info here at Nokia
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Nokia Ovi Suite 2.0 Beta announced, available for download
- Nokia Explore and Share technology provides ultra fast data transfers
- Pricing Set for Files on Ovi
- Nokia Ovi Suite 2.0 now out of beta
- Nokia invests in Obopay – for the future of mobile payment