There’s another Samsung Android-powered smartphone headed to Verizon apart from the Fascinate. We’ve seen the Samsung Gem in the wild before, and now its existence (and perhaps imminent release) has been confirmed by the September edition of Best Buy buyers’ guide.
This may indicate that, like the Fascinate, the Gem may be released later this month. It looks like it will come with Android 2.1 when that happens, and will include Samsung’s UI overlay called TouchWiz 3.0. The Swype keyboard will also be preinstalled.
As for features, this is a midranger at best, so expect a 3.2 MP camera, microSD expansion support and a decent price (anything more than $99.99 would all but guarantee its failure). Its screen size also seems to be in the 3″-3.5″ range.
You’ll know more about this device the second we do.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Gem SCH-i100 Android phone gets official, Verizon might launch it soon
- 4G LTE Verizon Samsung Stratosphere with QWERTY officially announced, out on October 13
- Verizon Samsung Fascinate (Galaxy S) gets priced, extended battery, TV ad
- Motorola Wilder is cheap, teen-focused, Brew-based, splash and dust-resistant, out in July in the UK
- Verizon Samsung Fascinate now available for pre-order at Best Buy