Although it’s been more than a month since Rogers announced that it would bring the Samsung Captivate to Canada, the carrier has not launched the smartphone yet.
Even more, it’s still not clear when it will launch it. However, Rogers says that customers will be able to pre-order the Captivate “soon”, so it shouldn’t be too long until the handset hits the shelves.
Like AT&T’s Samsung Captivate, Rogers’ features Android 2.1, a 4 inch WVGA Super AMOLED display, Wi-Fi, GPS, HSPA, 5MP autofocus camera, HD video recording, 1GHz processor, and 16GB of internal memory. You can check out the smartphone here at Rogers.
Despite Rogers not having it, the Samsung Galaxy S is already in Canada, thanks to Bell – which introduced the smartphone’s Vibrant version last month.
Via Mobile Syrup
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant and Captivate coming to Canada this month
- Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant and Captivate to get Android 2.2 Froyo in mid-December in Canada
- Samsung Fascinate Galaxy S headed to Canada via Telus
- T-Mobile Samsung Vibrant (Galaxy S T959) shows up
- Samsung Galaxy S II LTE to be launched by Bell?