In India, for example, the Galaxy Tab might be available as soon as October.
According to NDTV, the tablet should cost between 30,000 and 40,000 INR ($642 – $857).
The Galaxy Tab is Samsung’s first Android tablet. It features Android 2.2 Froyo, a 7 inch, 1024 x 600 TFT multitouch display, 3G (phone functionality included), Wi-Fi, GPS, 3.5mm headset jack, 3.2MP autofocus camera with LED flash, 1.3MP secondary camera (for video calls), 1GHz processor, 16/32GB on-board memory, and MicroSD card support.
Later this year, the Samsung Galaxy Tab will also reach the US, possibly via AT&T, Verizon and Sprint.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Sprint’s Samsung Galaxy Tab launching on November 14 for $400 on contract
- Samsung Galaxy 5 i5503 and Galaxy 3 i5801 bring more Android to India
- Samsung Galaxy Tab officially coming to all major US carriers (Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile)
- Samsung Galaxy i7500 from O2 UK in August
- After Verizon, Sprint could announce the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, too