Last week we saw the first leaked pics of one of Acer’s upcoming Android-powered smartphones, the Liquid Metal. And while the pictures look real enough, there was no official confirmation that this handset exists, if Liquid Metal will indeed be its commercial name, or if the leaked specs are real.
There is still no info on the latter, but an Acer spokesperson today confirmed that the Liquid Metal is real, will launch in the UK by the end of October and will be running Android 2.2 Froyo.
Said spokesperson declined to comment on the leaked specs of the device, and also did not provide pricing information.
The price will surely leak before the expected release date, as it always happens with new smartphones. As for the specs, I sure hope they will turn out to be just what the previous leak indicated: 800 MHz Qualcomm processor (like the T-Mobile G2), 3.6″ WVGA multi-touch screen, 512 MB of ROM, 512 MB of RAM, Bluetooth 3.0 and Dolby Mobile.
So, if you live in the UK and are into metal in your phone, you might want to start saving those pennies.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Acer Liquid Metal Android Froyo smartphone coming soon?
- Acer Liquid Metal finally gets officially announced in the UK, comes with Android 2.2
- Acer Liquid Metal might be launched by AT&T and T-Mobile
- AT&T Motorola Atrix 4G may launch on March 1
- Motorola Droid 2 specs and release date leaked. Again.