Today, free Ovi Maps walk and drive navigation is available in 78 countries and on 24 Nokia devices.
The new beta version, which you can download at Nokia Beta Labs, is only compatible with Symbian^1 and Symbian^3 smartphones. This means that if you’ve got a non-touch Nokia, you’re out of luck for now.
Key among the many fixes and enhancements that this new version brings is the ability to check-in to Facebook, RenRen, StudiVZ and many other social networks right inside the application. Users will also be able to share their current location via SMS and email.
Pinch to zoom is also now supported throughout the application.
Real-time traffic flow information, safety alerts, visibility for parking and speed limit warnings are also added. As is support for routing through public transport in 85 cities around the world. The new Ovi Maps shows network lines and stations and uses the local colour signage for ease of use.
The final release of Ovi Maps 3.06 is expected before the end of the year. In the mean time, if you have a compatible Symbian device (5800, 5230, N97, N97 Mini, C6-00, etc.) give the beta a try if you like the new features.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- All Windows Phone 8 users in the US, Canada and UK can now get Nokia’s Drive+ Beta
- Mail for Exchange beta available for Nokia Asha 302, Asha 303
- Nokia Messaging IM Beta launched; Nokia Messaging 10.00.14 compatible with Omnia HD
- Nokia Maps 3.0 beta available for download
- Swype beta for Symbian now available for download