Let the confusion with the new Nokia device naming scheme begin.
Introduced today as Nokia C6, the cheapest new Symbian^3 handset should not be confused with previous Nokia C6 QWERTY smartphone that runs on Symbian^1/S0 5th edition. That old model was actually Nokia C6-00, and the new model is C6-01.
There. All is perfectly clear now, isn’t it?
Naming follies aside, the new Nokia C6-01 is a pretty interesting device. Basically, it’s the next generation of the original Nokia touchscreen bestseller – 5800 XM. It’s got the same sized 3.2″ capacitive AMOLED display, much better – 8mpx- camera, runs on the new Symbian^3 OS and even has similar to 5800XM – 260 EUR before taxes and subsidies – starting pricepoint.
With the significantly improved feature set and touch user experience, the new Nokia C6 has a “potential bestseller” written all over it.
Here’s a short video overview of the new Nokia C6:
And some pictures of the device:
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Nokia C3-01 Touch and Type announced, the second S40 touchscreen phone (video)
- Nokia E7 hands-on preview, video at #NokiaWorld
- Nokia C6, C3 and E5 in hands-on photos, videos
- Nokia C7 hands-on preview and video at #NokiaWorld
- Live pics of Nokia N8-00 12 megapixel Symbian^3 Nseries flagship leak