The BlackBerry Bold 9780 may not have been officially announced yet, but that didn’t stop it from leaking over the past few months. Two different videos showcasing this device have surfaced in the past, but no word on when it will be released.
Until now. A tipster informed MobileSyrup that this new smartphone from RIM will be available in Canada from Telus on October 21st. And it makes sense, since its predecessor, the Bold 9700, has reached End-Of-Life status with the Canadian carrier. Such events generally mean one thing, and one thing only: that a newer device is coming to replace the EOL’d one.
The new BlackBerry Bold 9780 comes with a 624 MHz processor, 512 MB of RAM (double the amount in the old model), 5 megapixel camera with LED flash, 2.4-inch 480×360 screen, WiFi and GPS. As previously thought, running the show here will be BlackBerry OS 6, RIM’s newest version of their smartphone operating system, first seen on the BlackBerry Torch 9800.
Sadly, there’s no word yet on how much Telus will charge for this classic BlackBerry form factor device, but those details will probably leak before October 21st too, so stay tuned.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- BlackBerry Bold 9780 images leak in Vietnam
- New BlackBerry Bold 9780 to be launched by Rogers on October 27?
- BlackBerry Bold 9650 (Essex) coming to Verizon on May 27. White Bold 9700 for T-Mobile spotted
- New BlackBerry Bold 9790 shows up in hands-on photos
- New BlackBerry Bold 9900 and BlackBerry Touch 9860 to be launched by Telus?