It’s been only two days since Canadian Stepehn Elop took over Nokia as its new CEO, but the company is already showing an increased interest in the North American market.
Nokia has teamed up with AT&T to announce the “2010 Calling All Innovators, North America” contest, which asks developers to create Symbian^3 apps and games “for the new Nokia N8 and future Nokia devices for consumers in the U.S. and Canada.”
The contest has total prizes of $10 million in “cash, devices, and marketing prizes.”
Participants can submit their works in 11 apps categories, or 6 games categories. Each category prize winner gets $150,000 in cash, while grand prize winners will get an additional $100,000 each.
Nokia and AT&T are also inviting devs to San Francisco, for a free session hosted during CTIA Enterprise and Applications on October 5 this year. You can read more and register here.
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Android Developer Challenge 2 announced by Google
- Samsung Bada Developers Challenge kicks off, $2.7 million in prizes
- Nokia: Calling All Innovators, develop apps and get cash
- Samsung launches mobile app contest for the Omnia II
- Score Big in the AT&T Contest for Game Developers