The latter seems to have a slightly different version – the SGH-i916, which has been recently spotted somewhere in Canada, proudly standing next to an iPhone 4.
The i916 looks exactly like the i917, so the difference between the two, if any, is likely on the inside.
We don’t know much about the features of the i916, but it appears to have 8GB of internal memory and a WVGA AMOLED display that measures about 4 inches.
See the photo below and ask yourself: doesn’t the iPhone’s design seem dated? I think it does.
Since it has appeared in Canada, the Samsung i916 could be launched in the world’s second largest country by carriers like Rogers, Bell or Telus – maybe as their first Windows Phone 7 handset.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Samsung’s Ativ S Windows Phone 8 handset officially launching in Canada next month
- Samsung Galaxy Note launched in Canada by Rogers, Telus and Bell
- Windows Phone 8X by HTC to be launched in Canada on November 15
- Samsung Galaxy Note headed to Rogers Canada
- Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant coming to Bell Canada