We haven’t heard much about Sonim lately, but that doesn’t mean the Californian company is wasting time doing nothing.
The XP1300 Core is IP68 certified (the previous model, Sonim XP3.2 Quest Pro, was only IP67 certified). This means it provides complete protection against dust, and can be submerged in water at depths greater than 1 meter.
The new phone features GPRS/EDGE connectivity, Bluetooth, media player, and web browsing.
The price of Sonim XP1300 Core is not known yet – it should be around $500, since the XP3.2 Quest Pro costs that much (unlocked, of course).
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- #CES 2010: Sonim XP3.2 Quest Pro announced for the US (AT&T, T-Mobile compatible)
- Land Rover S1 and Land Rover S2 G4 rugged phones announced by Sonim
- Sprint launches ‘ultra-rugged’ Sonim XP Strike, yours for $129.99
- Sonim XP3 launched in the UK – Vodafone to give it for free before Christmas
- Samsung Galaxy Rugby and Sonim XP5520 Bolt to be launched by Bell Canada