Available at Verizon starting September 30 (this Thursday), the Droid 2 R2-D2 will cost $249 after a $100 mail-in rebate (new 2-year contract agreement required).
Featuring a cover painted to remind us of the R2-D2 Droid from Star Wars, the smartphone is offered with a Star Wars media dock and wired stereo headset, and is packaged “in a custom box resembling carbonite.” It also features exclusive content: R2-D2 ringtones and notification sounds, an R2-D2 Clock Widget, live wallpapers, a Binoculars App, and “The Best of R2-D2” video.
Verizon has also announced that all of its customers with smartphones running Android 2.1 or higher will soon be able to download an “Empire Strikes Back app” via Android Market. The app will allow you to preview and download Star Wars content (premium content available for a one-time charge of $2.99).
You can find out more about the Motorola Droid 2 R2-D2 here at Verizon.
Via Press release
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Verizon Motorola Droid 2 R2-D2 edition will be previewed this week at Star Wars Celebration V
- New Angry Birds Star Wars coming to Android, iOS, Windows Phone and Kindle Fire on November 8
- Motorola Droid 2 soft launch on August 12th? R2D2 edition on the way?
- Verizon Motorola Droid 2 officially announced: available tomorrow with Android 2.2 on-board
- Nokia 5800 XpressMusic Star Trek edition for the UK