Rogers has just become the first Canadian mobile carrier to offer RIM’s BlackBerry Torch 9800 slider.
As of today, you can buy the Torch here at Rogers for $199.99 (3-yr agreement required). You can also get the smartphone for $499.99 on a 2-yr agreement, $549.99 on a 1-yr agreement, or $609.99 with no contract at all.
The Torch is RIM’s first smartphone to run BlackBerry OS. It features, among other things, a 360 x 480 pixels multi-touch display, full QWERTY keyboard, Wi-Fi, HSPA, GPS, BlackBerry Maps, 3.5mm audio jack, 5MP autofocus camera with LED flash, and 4GB of expandable memory.
Update: the Torch is also available via Bell starting at $179.95 with a 3-yr agreement – get it online here.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- BlackBerry Torch 9800 shows up at Bell’s website. Rogers launches the Samsung Corby Touch
- BlackBerry Torch 9800 will be on Vodafone in the UK. Rogers, Bell and Telus will sell it in Canada
- Prices for BlackBerry Torch 9860, Torch 9810 and Bold 9900 announced by Rogers
- Bell’s BlackBerry Torch delayed until October 1. Telus version now on pre-order
- RIM’s BlackBerry PlayBook 4G LTE available in Canada now