The Acer Liquid E is basically the original Acer Liquid with Android 2.1 thrown in for good measure, as opposed to the original’s ancient 1.6 version of the mobile OS.
The Acer Liquid E has been available on Rogers in Canada for some time now, but today Fido also started selling it. If you are or intend to become a Fido customer, the Liquid E can be yours for $30 with a new 3-year contract or $375 without a contract.
This is Fido’s first Android smartphone, but there’s a good chance that others will start joining it pretty soon. After all, the smartphone revolution is in full swing, and not even Canadian carriers can afford to ignore it.
The Liquid E, while not the newest kid on the Android block, still manages to have a very decent spec list, even by today’s standards. Here are the highlights:
- Android 2.1
- 768 MHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor
- 3.5″ 480×800 capacitive touchscreen
- 5 megapixel camera with autofocus and video capture (VGA at 20 fps)
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g, GPS, Bluetooth, tri-band HSPA (7.2 Mb/s download, 2 Mb/s upload)
- 512 MB internal memory, microSD card slot, 2 GB card included in the sales package
- Size: 115 x 62.5 x 12.5 mm
- Weight: 120 g
So head to Fido if you’re interested in this nicely specced and decently priced Android device.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- Acer Liquid A1 gets Android 2.1
- UK: Acer Liquid, beTouch E110, and Tempo X960 now just £79.99 SIM-free
- Acer Liquid A1 to come in November for €380 unlocked
- Acer liquidmini is a smaller Liquid, will be available in the UK on April 11
- Acer Liquid Metal Android Froyo smartphone coming soon?