Sold in more than 3 million units until now, Apple’s iPad is definitely one of the world’s most successful tablets. So it makes perfect sense for Apple to plan the launch of a new iPad sometime next year.
According to Bloomberg, which quotes Goldman Sachs analysts, the second-generation iPad may have the same 9.7 inch display that’s been included in the first model. However, the new Apple tablet could be thinner and lighter, featuring a mini USB port and a camera.
Like the first iPad, the upcoming one will “likely” be manufactured by Foxconn (aka Hon Hai Precision).
As always, all this analyst talk may mean nothing. Then again, it wouldn’t be the first time when analysts’ predictions come true.
More on this as we get it.
If you liked the post, you might find these interesting too:
- 10 million Apple iPad Mini tablets to be produced this quarter?
- New Apple iPad Mini 2 with Retina Display not coming until October? Cheaper model could be launched earlier
- New, redesigned 9.7 inch iPad 5 coming in Q3?
- 7.85-inch iPad Mini ‘confirmed’ one more time for an October release
- Production for iPad 3′s QXGA displays has reportedly started